LINKS AND REFERENCES
MATERIAL FOR THIS SITE WAS OBTAINED FROM THE FOLLOWING PUBLICATIONS :
1820 Settler History
1820 Settler History :: All things related to the 1820 Settlers - Locations, Ships, Farms, Lineage, Party Names.
Albany Settlers of 1820 :: Settler Families and their lineage
Trip Advisor :: Ratings by travellers
Facebook : Clumber Church :: Social media
Tracks 4 Africa :: Location of Clumber Church per GPS Maps.
Material for this website has been obtained from the following sources :
- The Story of the British Settlers of 1820 in South Africa H E Hockly
- The Lower Albany Chronicle. E Morse Jones
- Clumber: The Story of a Settler Church 1825 - 1967. E Morse Jones
- The Journal of "Harry Hastings" Albany Settler.
- Rev John Ayliff Reminiscences of an Albany Settler.
- Rev Henry Hare Dugmore
- Basket Work Harbour.
- Eric Turpin The Settler Celebrations of 1870.
- F G van der Riet Historical Outline of Bathurst Division of Albany District Kowie Museum
- They Came from a Far Land. May Bell
- Never a Young Man. (Extracts from the letters and journals of Rev W Shaw). Celia Sadler
- The Settler Handbook. M D Nash
- Rob Smith residing in Nottingham
- South African History Online Nottinghamshire Colonists. Rod Neep
- 1820 Correspondence. T King
- Bradfields & Bratfield's of England. Mavis Garland
- Mapping and Promoting South Africa :
- Barrow and Burchell's Rivalry. Randolph Vigne
- The Chronicle of Jeremiah Goldswain. Ralph Goldswain
- The Journal of John Ayliff. Edited by Peter Hinchliff
- Clumber Mehodist Church and School. Douglas Bailes
- Fifty Years of Mission Life in South Africa Rev John Edwards